The Fourth of July is here! Having family in town? Hosting a dinner party for your friends? Simply enjoying a beautiful New Orleans summer barbeque? Well whatever the event to celebrate this fun holiday, we have the perfect New Orleans-inspired dish made with many of our festive spices and sauces, Cajun Buffalo wings!
- 3 lbs. chicken wings
- 1 tsp. pecan oil (sold in our store)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (Garlic Chop sold in our store)
- 1/2 cup Cajun pepper sauce (Slap Ya Mama is our fav! Sold in our store)
- 1/2 cup cane syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs. or more, Slap YA Mama hot sauce (Sold in our store)
- 1 tbs. prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp. flavoring and browning sauce (sold in our store)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Cajun seasoning to taste (Our “Slap YA Mama” shake)
- Remove wing tips from wings and place in a large bowl and season with Cajun seasoning.
- Heat oil in large, heavy pot and cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in Cajun pepper sauce, cane syrup, vinegar, hot sauce, horseradish, flavoring and browning sauce, and chili powder. Over medium heat, cook for 5 minutes, until bubbly. Allow to cool.
- Pour half of the sauce over wings, to coat, and cover and refrigerate overnight. Drain sauce and discard. Arrange wings on a baking sheet lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil and bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 10 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, bring other half of sauce to a boil and boil for 1 minute, reserving some for dipping, if desired. Brush half of the remaining sauce over wings and continue baking for 10 more minutes. Turn and brush with remaining sauce and bake for 10 more minutes or until no longer pink inside.
Check out our items online at http://www.crescentcitycooks.com/shop.asp or come visit our store at 500 Port of New Orleans Place – Suite 116!